THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
We are looking for a talented individual with a keen eye for detail to join our production team as an Inspection and Test Technician.
The suitable candidate will, ideally, have experience of working with electronics and be knowledgeable about all relevant testing, control and quality procedures.
We can offer a competitive salary, a company pension scheme and a clear path for development, both within DJ Assembly and within the global Cyclops Group. Oh, and we can also offer you a great working environment and the chance to play a part in testing and developing some really innovative products.
Job Title: Inspection and Test Technician
Department: DJ Assembly
Location: York (YO10 3JB)
Reports to: Production Manager
Salary: £16,000-£18,000, depending on experience
Based in York, DJ Assembly is one of the United Kingdom’s leading providers of electronic manufacturing services. Founded in 2001 and integrated into the Cyclops Group in 2010, DJ has worked with numerous partners to create products, boards and assemblies that are featured in industry-leading products and projects, such as high-tech medical research, marine observation and anti-fraud devices for the gaming sector.
For more on DJ Assembly, please visit our About Us page.
- The visual inspection of printed circuit boards (PCBs) to IPC-610 standards, using a variety of visual aids including automated optical inspection equipment.
- Testing PCBs and complete electronic assemblies to relevant test specifications and procedures.
- Ensure test procedures and results are fully documented, and results compiled where necessary.
- Ensure material specifications are communicated to production staff and answer related queries and issues.
- Fault finding on PCBs and complete electronic assemblies.
- Advise the production manager when quality standards are being compromised and take appropriate action to rectify quality issues.
- Rework of PCBs and complete electronic assemblies.
- Research customer complaints, queries and RMAs.
- Complete production documentation as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Support the company’s continuous quality improvement program.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry
- Experience of ISO9001
- ONC/HNC in Electronic Engineering
Benefits for working for us
- 37.75 hours per week.
- NHS Top up plan.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank/public holidays)
- Company pension scheme.
- Free on site parking.
- Career progression: Long-term prospects within a strong company.
***No agency calls or emails***
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.